Over the last 2 years, Chuffed.org has supported 100s of non-profits and social enterprises to run project-based crowdfunding campaigns. While project-based campaigns are great, they’re not suitable for every situation — particularly things like tax-time appeals.
That’s why we’re introducing ‘Organisation Pages’. Below is a step by step guide on how to set your page up.
Note that we’re only making this feature available to a limited number of organisations initially. If you haven’t been invited by email, unfortunately Organisation Pages won’t be available to you.
- Login to your Chuffed.org account at www.chuffed.org/login
- In the top right corner of your dashboard, click on your name and then click on Organisation Settings. (If you have more than one organisation, you’ll need to choose your organisation after this step)
- Upload your organisation banner and logo in the relevant sections (we accept JPG, PNG, GIF files). Note the best dimensions for these images are 750x350px and 500x500px.
- Set your description, location and thanks message in the ‘Update your organisation details’ section on the left. Click save.
- If you wish to take donations, connect a Stripe.com account. In order to take ongoing donations and pay you on a regular basis, we use our payment provider Stripe.com. You’ll need to create and link a Stripe.com account, by clicking on the ‘Sign up to Stripe Connect’ button. The sign up process is very quick and should take less than 5 minutes.
- Switch on your organisation page and enable donations in the ‘Setup your organisation page‘ section. Click save. In this section you’ll be told what the URL link is for your organisation page.
That’s it. If you head to that link from Step 6, you’ll be able to see your organisation page. Just head back to ‘Organisation Settings’ from Step 2 and tweak any of the content on your page.
We’ve also prepared a few FAQs to help understand some important points about Organisation Pages:
When and how do I get my donations?
Donations are processed immediately via your Stripe.com account and transferred to the bank account connected to your Stripe account on a 7-day rolling basis. That is, donations from today are transferred as a lump sum in 7-days time. You’ll see a line that looks something like ‘STRIPE PAYMENTS STRIPE_6FM3QF25MG0’ on your bank statement. You do not need to manually transfer funds out of Stripe.
What are the credit card fees on these transactions?
The credit card fees charged by Stripe.com on Visa & Mastercard transactions are 1.75% + 30c. For Amex and International transactions these fees are 2.9% + 30c. We collect 2.0% + 30c from donors which you receive to cover these fees. On average, the credit card fee collection from donors covers the weighted average of the credit card fees charged by Stripe.
What about the optional Chuffed.org donations?
When donors give to you, they are given the option to donate extra amounts to Chuffed.org if they wish. This is how we fund the operational costs associated with running Chuffed.org. Due to how Stripe.com charges, these optional donation amounts will first be charged on your Stripe.com account and then automatically transferred to our account. You may see these as ‘application fees’ on Stripe.
Are receipts automatically sent?
Yes. We send receipts following all our donations. If you are an Australian organisation with DGR, we will issue a tax deductible receipt if you have entered your details in the ‘Organisation Settings’ page.
Will I be notified each time someone donates?
Yes. You’ll receive an email each time someone donates. You can hit ‘reply’ on this email to send a thanks message directly to the donor.