THIS POSITION IS NOW FILLED. STAY TUNED FOR MORE OPEN ROLES.
After supporting over 2,500 amazing social cause organisations in 19 countries to raise $8M, we’ve realised that our role in the non-profit sector isn’t just as another transactional crowdfunding platform – we want to help transform how the sector does fundraising; from harassing people on the street to an experience people enjoy and want back to come to again and again.
So we’re hiring a Customer Advocate to help our campaigners become better fundraisers. You’ll be supporting some of the best social change organisations in the world and will be working with a wonderful team across our Sydney, Melbourne and London offices.
About the role
We think the best way we can support our customers starts with a deep understanding of their world and what job they’re trying to get done. With that understanding, we then create content and experiences that help them do that job better. Our approach therefore is a mix of quality one-on-one customer assistance and publishing outstanding content that supports our customers to rally their supporters and get their projects funded.
In the role you will focus on:
1. Marketing – Creating content to support our customers (70%):
- Create, write and design blog posts, case studies, emails, podcasts, webinars and other content that introduces our campaigners to ways they can improve their campaigns
- Use a data-driven approach to figure out which content our campaigners find useful at which stage of their learning process and how best to distribute it to them
- Conduct customer development interviews to understand how our customers use our product and educate themselves
- Run offline events that bring our community together and provide in-person learning opportunities
2. Support – Understanding our customers (20%):
- Help customers with their support queries
- Identify patterns in support queries
- Generate different ways we can better support our customer
- Provide one-on-one campaign coaching to some customers
3. Operations – Making the organisation tick (10%):
- Support the team with a few of our internal processes, particularly payments
This role can be based in one of our three locations: in London (office opening late July), Sydney (Circular Quay) or Melbourne (Collingwood)
What we look for
We’re a small team, it’s important that you enjoy working with us. We like people who are smart, positive, humble, get stuff done and can express ideas well. You’ll also need to be happy working in a startup environment where things change all the time. In this role, you’ll be the closest person to our customers, so we’re looking for someone with a high degree of empathy and EQ – that ability to realise what people are really saying, when they might actually be saying something else.
Bonus points for:
- having run a crowdfunding campaign yourself
- having worked in, or been on the board of, a non-profit or social enterprise environment
- being handy in Canva, Illustrator or Photoshop
Why work for us
People come for the social mission, they stay for the team. We’re a fast-growing social enterprise, that’s backed by some amazing tech investors (Blackbird VC and Bevan Clark) but retains our social mission at our core. We even created our own legal structure – the Social Benefit Company – to let us do that. We’ve worked in the social sector for years and changing how it raises money for the amazing work that it does is something that we deeply care about. We’re the place where you can do work that you care about and be part of a fast-moving company at the same time.
How to apply
Send us an email to [email protected] with the subject line: “Customer Advocate: [Your Name]” with your CV, as well as any writing samples you’ve done. If you feel comfortable including your current salary too, that’d help. We’ll generally pay a combined salary + equity package.