Front-end Developer (Sydney)
Front-end developer job in rapidly-growing, VC-funded, social-cause startup, changing the world.
Who is Chuffed.org?
We’re a purpose-led company that’s transforming how people think about charities around the world. Instead of thinking of the charity muggers harassing you on your way to work, we’re making the face of charity awesome, exciting projects that people want to be part of.
Since launching in October 2013, we’ve raised over $13M for 4,500 projects in 20 countries. We’ve reunited a Somali refugee mother with her son that she hadn’t seen in 23 years; we’ve helped legalise medicinal marijuana for the terminally ill; we’ve transformed how the Vanuatu Government does disaster relief… and a lot more.
What you’ll be doing?
You’ll be joining our Sydney-based team as we grow to get our product from thousands of campaigners to hundreds of thousands. You’ll be responsible for:
- working with the engineering team to build new ways for social cause campaigners to build communities and raise funds and new personalised experiences for donors
- implementing the experiments and new products that the Growth team wants to test – this will be a mixture of front-end/design work as well as building back end features:
- Possible activities include: creating landing pages, changing user flows, improving email designs, improving tracking, creating adaptive education in our campaign editor and more
- instrumenting our app to collect the right data to measure the impact of experiments, gain deeper insights on how users are engaging with our product and where they’re leaking out. We use Segment, Mixpanel and Google Analytics, but are open to others
- working with the engineering team to ship code every day
As you get more familiar with the product and our customers, you’ll be providing input on what growth initiatives we should pursue too.
What we’re looking for
- You care: we’re a purpose-led company and we love working with people who care about the world around them
- You learn: because there’s always another JS framework around the corner and a better way of making our customers happy
- You play nice: because we all love coming to work and we want you to too
- Experience in JS/HTML/CSS (mid-level, about 3 years)
- Familiarity with PHP (we use Laravel) or a willingness to learn
- Experience with Angular, React or other modern JS frameworks
- You’re data driven, curious about what customers value and why they behave in certain ways
- You’ve worked with the non-profit/charity/advocacy sector before
- Based in Darlinghurst, Sydney
- Competitive salary package: we’ll normally pay a mix of cash salary and equity
- You’ll report to the CEO (London), and work closely with our engineering and growth teams in Sydney, Melbourne and London
Why work for us
People come for the social mission, they stay for the team. We’re a fast-growing social enterprise, that’s backed by some amazing tech investors (Blackbird VC and Bevan Clark) but retains our social mission at our core. We even created our own legal structure over in Australia – the Social Benefit Company – to let us do that. We’ve worked in the social sector for years and changing how it raises money for the amazing work that it does is something that we deeply care about. We’re the place where you can do work that you care about and be part of a fast-moving company at the same time.
You can read more here:
- Chuffed.org passes $10M in step towards social good economy
- Chuffed.org raises $1.1M seed round led by Blackbird Ventures
How to apply
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or any links you have to apps you’ve built, github repos, portfolios. We love getting applications that talk about what you’ve built and why you care.
Applications close when we find the right person.